How to take care of your Braces
- You may gargle with lukewarm water & salt for a better cleaning and to prevent gums inflammation
- Avoid eating hard and sticky food such as : apples , nuts and toffee .
- Minimize your intake of soft drinks .
- In case of the pain or discomfort during the treatment plan , Which a common matter , you may take a pain killer , or use the orthodontic wax in areas where in hurts .
- If any part of the braces become loose or breaks , report to the clinic by taking an immediate appointment . do not keep it until your appointment
- Elastic should be worn throughout the day except while brushing & if accident one elastic snaps , you should replace elastics on both sides .
- Take care of your retainer & always keep them with you at all times .
- Following your Doctorҳ instructions and not missing your scheduled appointment appreciated to ensure ideal result .
Instructions of Whitening
- Brush your teeth and use floss to clean between teeth .
- Avoid the colored drinks such as : tea , coffee and soft drinks.
- Avoid smoking and all tobacco products .
- Avoid colored food such as : soy sauce , red sauces , ketchup & mustard , for the next 48 hours .
- We advise you to have colorless foods such as white rice and plain yogurt .
- You may use the relieving gel to reduce the sensitivity pain , or panadol as a pain killer if the pain remains .
Instructions of After Surgery
- Preferably eat cold & soft food for the first 24 hours of the surgery and avoid eating hard or hot food
- In case of medication prescriptions follow the doctor instructions precisely .
- Eat on the opposite side of the operation site .
- Surgery site should not be touched by finger or tongue suctioning bloos to give chance for healing .
- Avoid rinsing & spitting for the first 24 hours to help keep blood clot in the extraction site .
- Apply ice packs for 15 minutes every half an hour during the first hours to minimize swelling .
- Avoid smoking as smoking delays healing process .
- swelling or pain could occur after extraction or surgery this is a normal reaction & will reduce gradually .
- In case of suturing , patient should recall after a week for suture removal .
Instructions of Home Bleaching
- Brush your teeth and use to clean between teeth .
- Drop a lentil size of the bleaching gel into the whitening tray .
- Place bleaching tray securely onto each teeth and leave for 2 hours maximum .
- After use , rinse mouth with water . No need to brush your teeth again .
- If sensitivity occurs , use the product every other day or even less .
- Each cartridge should last for several days .
- You can use the home bleaching set until the desired result is achieved .
- You may take Panadol as a pain killer to reduce the sensitivity pain .